Participants' Information for Space Rental
England's Medieval Festival at Herstmonceux Castle
- The minimum uncovered stall space which can be booked measures 3 x 3 metres (10 x 10 ft.) and these spaces are generally arranged in rows and are numbered.
- The minimum stall space within the craft marquee which can be booked measures 2 x 2 metres (6 x 6 ft.) and caters for a standard 6 x 2 foot table. Each space is numbered and allocation will be at the discretion of the organizers.
- Stall space must be booked for the duration of the event. Vendors must only sell from their assigned space. They may not walk around selling or collecting for any charity, group or organization.
- Participants' marquees may only be used with the permission of the organizers. A photograph or description and dimensions of the structure is required. If in doubt ask for clarification on booking.
Electrical (indoor spaces only; limited outdoor availability) - Costs vary
based on requirements - minimum £40 for 8hrs use per day for the full
- Food and drink may not be sold without the express written permission of the organizers at the time of booking.
- No product exclusives will be agreed.
- All vendors must be dressed in medieval-type costuming.
- Vehicles may not be parked at the stall space. Vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas by 9am each day and will not, under any circumstances, be allowed back for restocking or clear up until 6 pm. If you have any special requirements please make arrangements for these in writing at the time of booking.
- Participants should set up from 12 noon to 7pm on Thursday or Friday of he Festival weekend, subject to weather conditions. Re-stocking from 7am to 9am on Festival days. These times will be strictly enforced. Late arrivals on Friday should park in the camp ground site or at Bader Hall and set up at 7am on Saturday.
- All necessary paperwork will be emailed shortly before the Festival. Passes will be collected upon arrival at the check-in desk. Additional three day participant passes (wristbands) can be purchased at a cost of £10 each. Please pay at time of booking. Passes (wristbands) must be shown at all times including set up days. Any person arriving at the gate without a pass will be charged the full admission price and may have to park in the public parking area.
- There will be limited twenty-four hour security.
- A designated camping site with limited facilities is available
within the grounds for participants only. There are no reserved spaces.
Facilities are limited to water point and toilets only and a strict code
of conduct will be enforced. Hot showers are available to all
participant pass holders at no charge. Towels are NOT provided. Camping
is available only on the nights of Thursday to Monday inclusive. After
hours entrance will be via Church Road only. Food and beer marquee will
be open each night. Limited accommodation is available in Bader Hall
within the castle grounds; early booking is recommended. For details
email firstname.lastname@example.org or 02081506767
- Payment can be made by BACS, credit card or Paypal
- Participants must read and comply with the Participants Regulations and payment confirms acceptance. Failure to comply may cause the organizers to request their removal from site with a forfeit of all monies paid.
- Additional charges are as follows: tables 2ft. x 6 ft.@ £15.00 each, chairs @ £4.00 each.